Friday, August 6, 2010

Are You Ready for Love?

Relationship Readiness Quiz will help you level of readiness for love… It is a kind of love that is deep, long lasting and fulfilling.

To assess your readiness for a committed relationship, rate yourself in each of the following ten areas. Try to be objective and honest with yourself.

Rating Scale: Rate each item on a scale from 0 to 10

8-10: Good; this area of my life is strong and would be an asset to my next relationship
5-7: OK; this area needs work, but most likely would not sabotage my next relationship
0-4: Needs Work; this area could interfere with the success of my next relationship

1. I know what I want have a clear vision for my relationship. I can envision my perfect relationship in rich detail that feels strong, very real and keeps me motivated.

2. I know my requirements. I have a written list of at least ten non-negotiable requirements that I use for screening potential partners. I am clear that if any are missing, a relationship will not work for me.

3. I am happy and successful being single. I enjoy my life, my work, my family, my friends and my own company. I am living the life that I want and I am not seeking a relationship out of desperation and need.

4. I am satisfied with my work/career. My work is fulfilling, supports my lifestyle and does not interfere with my availability to build a new relationship.

5. I am ready and available for commitment. I have no emotional or legal baggage from a previous relationship. My schedule, commitments and lifestyle allow my availability to build a new relationship.

6. I am healthy in mind, body and spirit. My physical, mental or emotional health does not interfere with having the life and relationship that I want. I am reasonably happy and feel good.

7. My financial and legal business is handled. I have no financial or legal issues that would interfere with having the life and the relationship I want.

8. My family relationships are functional. My relationship with my children, ex, siblings, parents and extended family do not interfere with having the life and relationship that I want.

9. I have effective dating skills. I initiate contact with people I want to meet and disengage from people who are not a match for me. I keep my physical and emotional boundaries and balance my heart with my head with potential partners.

10. I have effective relationship skills. I understand relationships, can maintain closeness and intimacy, communicate authentically and assertively negotiate differences positively, allow myself to trust and be vulnerable and can give and receive love without emotional barriers.


Score Results:


80 - 100: Green Light You are well on your way to the life and the relationship you really want.
50 - 79: Yellow Light Continue to work on the areas needed and take it slow in relationships whole doing so.
0 - 49: Red Light Take a break from seeking a partner, focus on your life and prepare for the relationship you really want

© Relationship Coaching Institute
Used with permission

No comments:

Post a Comment